Monday, December 15, 2008

New Addition to Black History

(Originally posted Nov. 5, 2008 on wordpress)
Yesterday was the most amazing day of my life. After Jesse Jackson tried in 1984, Barack Obama went down in history as the 44th American President and the 1st black president of the United States of America. I'm proud to have been a part of history and have voted as an African American for an African American President. I have to take my hat off to my favorite rapper and mogul Jay-Z, P. Diddy, Russell Simmons & Mary J. Blige for getting the youth into this historical event and telling them to register and vote. I'm just happy to have the privelege to vote. Can't forget that "blacks" weren't allowed to vote in this country about because we weren't citizens and the fact that there was something called The Civil Rights Movement. Black people were spat on and met with all kinds of derogatory methods of abuse and disrespect. This is the dream of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I remember all those who fought from Malcolm X to MLK to Rosa Parks and I'm proud to be an African American.




No comments: